Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Another Neil Gaiman Audio

Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman

Odd and the Frost Giants

By: Neil Gaiman

Genre:  Juvenile fiction

Pages: 104

Published: 2008

Audiobook: 2 discs (1 hour 30 mins)

Read: October

1 out of 5


I have learned that I either love or hate Gaiman's stories. The ones that are all fantasy I can't get into as much as I would like. My favorites of his are The Graveyard Book and The Ocean at the End of the Lane.  With that said, I listened to this one on my Ipod while cleaning my house, so I was a little distracted.  I continually drifted off and when I started paying attention again I was lost. This story just couldn't hold my interest.  I, personally, didn't care for the story, however I do recognize that Gaiman's storytelling is superb and particularly his narration of his books. I recommend this book to young children, age 7-12, especially boys and girls loving the fantasy genre.   

No comments:

Post a Comment