Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Monday, October 27, 2014

Another great by Cat Winters

The Cure for Dreaming
The Cure for Dreaming

By: Cat Winters

Genre:  YA Historical Fiction

Pages: 368

Published: 2014

Read: October

4.5 out of 5


Another outstanding novel by Cat Winters. Honestly, I can’t decide if I enjoyed this one or In the Shadow of Blackbirds better. They both shed light on true historical events and included photographs while adding a haunting and paranormal flare. Simply put, Winters is an amazing writer and I feel her books should be read by both teens and adults. I was disappointed when In the Shadow of Blackbirds did not make the Teens’ Top Ten for 2014 (although it was a nominee). I hope this one has the honor in 2015 among other awards. I believe Winters is my favorite author in the historical fiction genre. I now have to wait until sometime in 2015 for her third novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment