Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Monday, July 7, 2014

A Parody of Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Drink, Play, F@#k: One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Las Vegas, and Thailand

Drink, Play, F@#k: One Man's Search for Anything Across Ireland, Las Vegas, and Thailand

By: Andrew Gottlieb

Genre:  Adult humor

Pages: 240

Published: 2009

Read: July

3.5 out of 5


This was a difficult book for me rate because I feel I can't compare it against ALL books I have read, but rather only the humorous ones.  I was impressed with the quality of writing; usually in parodies, or at least the few I have read, are written so poorly I don't enjoy them.  I read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert years ago, so it was difficult to determine if Gottlieb had spoofs directly related to her story, besides the title and main idea. Either way, I sincerely enjoyed the story and humor. I often forgot that the travels of Bob Sullivan were fictional, which definitely added to my appreciation of story. However, I found for being a parody the story lacked humor in some areas which is the reason I only gave it 3.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment