Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Classic...

Love in the Time of Cholera

Love in the Time of Cholera

By: Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Genre:  Classics

Pages: 348

Published: 1988

Read: July

2.5 out of 5


I have been dreading reading this book for years, but knew I would one day. Without the help of Spark Notes and watching the movie, I would have missed a lot more information, plot and circumstances then I did. Marquez writes beautifully, but uses a lot of symbolism and often goes off on, what I read as, side stories or tangents. Making it a very dense and difficult book to follow. With that being said, I loved the premise of the story, found it interesting and could easily follow the main plot. I greatly appreciated Marquez’s humor, especially with it being a difficult read. I was surprised at the volume of humor in the love story between Florentino Ariza and Fermina Daza. I enjoyed both characters, just wish Florentino Ariza didn’t lie at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment