Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tragedy in Cambodia

Never Fall Down
Never Fall Down

By: Patricia McCormick

Genre: YA Historical fiction

Pages: 216

Published: 2012

Read: April

4 out of 5


The more I read the more I realize I really enjoy historical fiction. This novel is based on true events and the majority is indeed nonfiction (as noted in author's note), but some details were enhanced by her own  imagination. I, once again, learned more on our world's (horrific) history which as tragic as this story is I enjoy actually learning while reading. My favorite aspect was the author's ability to write using the authentic voice of Arn Chorn-Pond; it enhanced the realism of Arn's story. I was disappointed that his story starts in 1975 and is considered historical fiction - reality hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment