Heather's books

Sarah's Key
Room
Rainwater
The Help
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Lightning Thief
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Notebook
Eat, Pray, Love
The Time Traveler's Wife
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Heather's favorite books »

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Story of Annie Frank - Graphically

Anne Frank
Anne Frank

By: Elizabeth Hudson-Goff

Genre: Juvenile Graphic Novel

Pages: 32

Published: 2006

Read: April

3 out of 5

I have been into reading biographical graphic novels, so I was excited when I saw this one come across my desk.  I loved the Diary of Anne Frank and this story focused on the when and whys Anne started the diary. Her father played a part in the telling of the story as well.  Like most nonfiction graphic novels, the story provided a quick brief overview of a true event, which is an excellent tool to gain interest in a topic. I think this would be an appropriate story for 7 to 10 year old. However, I was disappointed in the artwork. I actually think given the time period the story took place it, the artwork would have been awesome in black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment